Within the first year he has scored consecutive grade A’s and has also joined the staff as a student ambassador; mentoring and interviewing prospective students. He also gives talks and runs workshops on behalf of the university to school children on an ad-hoc basis. He will continue to work throughout his study and continue to develop his skills.
He took up what started out as just an exciting hobby after working with other creative mediums such as art, design and web media for a number of years. He undertook a number of successful and pleasing projects, including weddings (ceremony & reception), portraiture of people & animals, and promotional shoots for bands and groups, fine art and commercial work too.
In 2003 & 2010 he suffered neurological issues that left him partially sighted for nearly a year as well as with movement problems. His eyesight has now returned. So, he decided to challenge this problem, and take up photography as having had to live without it, he now values his sight and vision and likes to share it with others.
That’s the reason why his project was titled ‘Blind Luck’.
In 2016 Paul exhibited 2 pieces of work at the prestigious Saatchi Gallery London as part of the ‘Show you know’ exhibition showing the plight of sufferers of Encephalitis
He has also exhibited and sold Art at various Kent Galleries and has been placed in the top ten of National Photographic Competitions and had the backing of organisations such as the NHS, Kent County Council, the Encephalitis Society and various agencies on a project involving raising the profile of disabled people.
Curriculum Vitae [Download PDF]
Photographer – Blind Luck Photography Sept. 2010 – present
- Meet with clients, plan and risk assess all aspects of shoot
- Document weddings, event, commercial and portrait photography
- Prepare images for print and web, then archive and send to client
- Featured multiple times in WOW magazine and various music scene publications
Clients include Fate the Juggler, Jukebox Monkey, Reptilia, Black Grape, Dodgy, Bluetones, Scallywags Nursery, Kidstreet Nursery and more.
Student ambassador UCA Rochester, University of Creative Arts. Sept. 2015 – Present
- Attend all meetings with staff and students to ensure good running of dept.
- Interview perspective students on enrollment days
- Assist with teaching
- Run photographic workshops and classes for visiting schools
Student Representative, UCA Rochester, University of Creative Arts. Sept. 2015 – 2017
- Be point of contact for students with any queries
- Refer to correct points of assistance in university; student support, counselling, mentoring or lecturers.
- Communicate with teaching staff on issues raised
- Assist with teaching support
Photographer, Maidstone Fringe Festival, Make Some Noise Promotions. Yearly since 2010
- Meeting and planning with organisers
- Travelling around town to various venues at specific times to capture acts
- Editing and supplying to publicity team in a timely manner
Mentor – Blind Luck Photography- Maidstone Adult ED – UCA Rochester. Sept 2010 – Present
- Teaching photography skills in groups and one to one
- Supplementing existing teaching
- Organising field trips and exhibitions
- Shadowing new students, offering support and teaching in professional environments
- Temporary substitute teaching in higher education establishments
Exhibitions and Awards
2018 London Exhibition currently in planning.
2017 Exhibition. Beyond Photography Exhibition. Chatham House, Chatham Kent
2016 Exhibition. “Show You Know exhibition” Saatchi Gallery London. 2016 Three images adopted for Encephalitis society charity calendar. 2016 Exhibition. Permanent display of work ‘Last Supper’ at Head Quarters of The Encephalitis Society
2015 Publication of music portrait ‘Fate the Juggler’ in R2 magazine 2014 Showcase image on photography website Purple Port (as voted by members)
2014 IgersKent Showcase image for ‘Herne Bay Sunset’ as voted by peers.
2010 Exhibition. Various works sold at Nucleus Arts, Rochester and Maidstone
- Experience at all camera formats within digital capture, some analogue experience in medium and large format
- Adobe Creative Suite
- In Design
- Premiere Pro video editing
- Apple and Windows based operating systems
- Nikon camera equipment including full frame, limited Canon experience
- Studio lighting with Broncolor & Interfit equipment
- Hassleblad camera systems
- Currently adept at flying UAV (drone) & working toward flying license (although not required for recreational use)
- Full UK driving license, European Public Liability Insurance
- Bachelor of Arts, UCA Rochester, Fort Pitt. Rochester Kent. Major: Photography Ends 2018. Currently year 3 – projected mark: FIRST
- A level Photography, Maidstone Adult Education Centre 2011 Grade A
- Calumet course attendee at Pinewood Studios 2017
- Various recreational photography courses, Keith Turnbull.
Commercial Portfolio can be found at www.blindluck.photography For all aspects of my work including Art, Wedding and Music photography, which includes artists such as Shaun Ryder & Black Grape, Dodgy, De La Soul, The Blue tones and Jukebox Monkey.